The Native American culture is rich with tradition, stories, color, and fun! Children will enjoy learning more about the Native American culture with this is a fun and noisy shaker that is supposed to represent an ear of corn! It is a great compliment to any Native American lesson, and children will enjoy crafting it as well as the fun noise it makes! Make your own Native American Corn Shaker craft for kids with just a few supplies you already have around the house! It only takes a few minutes, and children will enjoy lending you a hand!
Ready to get crafting? Here is what you will need!
Native American Corn Shaker Craft for Kids
- plastic drink bottle with lid
- permanent markers of various colors, yellow, red, brown, green
- raw popping corn or birdseed
- red and yellow craft tissue paper
1. Decorate the outside of a plastic drink bottle with markers with Native American colors.
2. Sandwich a piece of yellow and red tissue paper and cut strips along one side.
3. Apply glue around the bottom of the bottle and glue on the tissue paper one and then another.
4. Fill the bottle with enough popcorn to cover he bottom and screw on the lid.
5. That is it! Make noise and start having fun!
When finished you have a fun noise maker that helps children expand on their knowledge of Native American culture! Put on music and allow them to shake their noise makers and dance. It is a great activity to aid them in using their imagination as well as strengthen gross and fine motor skills!
Take this craft for kids further!
In addition to this craft for kids, you can enjoy a few texts on Native American culture that children are sure to enjoy! Try these!
So gather your supplies and gather the kids around the table! Explore Native American culture and dive into this great craft for kids that is simple and inexpensive! Take in one of the great books when you are finished, or dance to the sounds of your noisemakers. Either way, it is sure to be an enriching experience and fun for the while family!